Tuesday, January 31, 2006

 
Don't ever shake hands with George Bush or John Kerry! That isn't meant to be a personal snub or even a political statement at all. I saw a story in the Raleigh, N.C. newspaper recently with a headline reading " Yale Tries Soap in Dorm Bathrooms." The ensuing article went on to say "it took a decade of student lobbying, but Yale University appears ready to break with tradition and supply soap for dormitory bathrooms----". I checked, and Kerry graduated from Yale in 1966 and Bush in 1968. This gives a whole new meaning to "getting your hands dirty" in politics. I had my suspicions about these guys, but now the truth is out. I wonder if they have soap in the bathrooms at Wellsely?

I can't believe the ways that some folks make a buck off people who prove the old adage of "there's a sucker born every minute". What would you say to a guaranteed 9% return on your investment in this day and time? I was leaving the grocery store the other day and saw someone using one of those coins for currency machines where you put your change in the mechanical gobbler and it spits out paper money. The trouble is that it takes 9 cents (OK,8.9) on the dollar. I know their Depression Era parents or grandparents would kick the butts of anyone using these devices, particularly since they still save used tin foil!Oh well, I guess they really needed that dough to play the new N.C. lottery!

No wonder people go to the Internet these days rather than reading their local paper. I did a rough measure on the fourteen page front section of mine, and it was 50% advertisements. That means the news could have been put out in a seven page post---- just think of all the trees saved, less ink, less weight on the paper boy's back reducing injuries, and who knows what else. The newspaper executives could just charge us a little more, and forget those worthless ads. Of course, let's not forget all of the other things we use a newspaper for---- Over here WonderDog, not on the carpet!

Have you seen recently where the company who makes the BlackBerry may be in trouble for patent infringement, and may have to suspend service indefinitely? The BlackBerry is one of those devices that you can use as a phone, a planner, and who knows what else. I don't have to worry! I have about 200 "Little Fat Notebooks" all over the place that contain all kinds of valuable information. I leave the house without notebook #1, realize later that I don't have anything to write on, and buy notebook #2, then #3, #4, etc.,etc.
These two companies, rather than competing should merge---- I bet everybody would buy a "Little Fat BlackBerry"!

Leonardo DaVinci was so far ahead of his time that people in his day could not grasp his revolutionary ideas. One example is a precursor to the modern scuba diving tank. How many people out there are being called "crackpots" because they are way ahead of the rest of us? Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

See you later.

Tim

Comments:
Tim:

You should get a BlackBerry to get organized. Just think of the trees you'd help save by eliminating all those booklets.

Mike
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?