Tuesday, January 10, 2006

 

The Opening Shot

A dear friend of mine has the strange notion that just because I'm getting older I might have something of value to say! His inspiration leads me to title this blog War Horse (an old one no doubt!) as well as getting that moniker from a former boss who I happened to label as "young stallion".

My friend and I meet regularly to discuss alternating books of choice, either fiction or non-fiction, and I must say that it keeps one's brain from turning to mush. We also have a great time coming to grips with issues given his lean to conservatism balanced by a slight left turn on my part.

Our latest read, chosen by me, is Jimmy Carter's latest, Our Endangered Values, detailing his views that the agenda of the conservative right is dangerous in many ways that have created the biggest divide between Americans in our history. While I proclaimed Carter a genius, my buddy wondered whether he is still trying to make up for being the weakest leader the White House has seen in many a year!( Let us know what you think)

How many of you have lived through the remodeling of a kitchen? I don't mean the aggravation and inconvenience of trying to eat your raisin bran off your lap in the den. I am referring to the challenge of making sure that your choices of decor, colors, appliances, etc. match your wife's exactly! If you cannot make that happen, your very survival is in doubt. So far so good.

Our latest canine addition to the family is one- Lucy The Wonder Dog. I call her the wonder dog because I am still trying to figure out what mix of breeds she could possibly be. So far I've heard shepherd, boxer, pit bull, boston bull, and a few others. If I can continue with the blogging effort over the long haul, I must give her a featured spot, since the family dog ranks at least four of five in our house.(Wife,two daughters, dog,husband.)

Well, I'm off to a job interview----- I have successfully managed to lower my salary in every job I've taken since I left Big Corporation in 1999. I will definitely keep that record intact if my latest effort succeeds. Wish me luck!

Tim

Comments:
War Horse:

I saw your new Blog. It's off to a good start.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?