Thursday, January 19, 2006
Recently, Mc Donalds tore down their perfectly good building near my house and put up what they are calling Mc Cafe. The whole idea I guess is to bring in people who drive newer pickups than the people they cater to now. All of the workers have new glitzy uniforms, and there is a section where "fancy" coffee is sold for twice as much as the same coffee 6 feet away where the burgers are sold. (no customer was in the new section the whole time I was there). I tried to joke with the manager by saying funny stuff like " I bet those blueberry muffins weigh a quarter pound", but he didn't laugh much. Also in the "fancy" section they have real plates and silverware that the customers don't know what to do with after they finish eating. I wonder if they'll bring in their new clown for the Grand Opening?---Ronald McDonald Trump!
Why do so many retirees get eager to move off to Florida or some other place where they have to start all over again? Within one mile of my house, I have multiple restaurants, banks, doctor's offices, and any other necessity. I may never need a car again! Plus, in the same area there are two retirement homes waiting to sign me up. And best of all, there is a funeral home within comfortable "wheelbarrow" distance from the homes. Top all that for convenience.
I have a broken toilet at my house that I'm really happy about. Why,do you suppose, should that be? Well, my plumber, who I think hung the moon is a stock market day trader, and we compare notes every time he comes to the house. I found that out when I saw him reading an old copy of the Wall Street Journal he took from the recycle bin to keep water off the floor. What a man! I think this fellow is a threat to take business from all the brokers. Can your broker fix a leaky faucet? See you later Merrill Lynch!
I have seen it all now! I went to the bank to make a deposit today, and there was a sign at the desk that was written only in Spanish! Soon, the whole country will be speaking Spanish, and English will be out the door. I am working hard to do my part by being able to correctly pronounce everything on the menu of the Mexican restaurant we go to. I have a long way to go. No Habla Espanol Worthadama!
Have you ever thought about how many hard-toiling service workers never hear a word of praise from the public, but on the flip side get hung up to dry over service complaints most often out of their control? I don't mean just a simple thank you , but a heartfelt compliment rewarding a job well done. Yesterday, I had received excellent service from a woman in a typical call center environment. When I asked to speak to her supervisor, I could almost see her cringing at what that usually means. I told her that I was going to tell him that she had delivered service well beyond expected, and could she put him on the line. He ended up telling me that the young woman was being groomed for a management position. I proceeded to tell him that he was smart for hiring people smarter than he was, and we both shared a good laugh. I hope the young lady had a good day! Maybe if we did our part more to reward people, service would be better. Try it soon.
See you later.
Tim
Why do so many retirees get eager to move off to Florida or some other place where they have to start all over again? Within one mile of my house, I have multiple restaurants, banks, doctor's offices, and any other necessity. I may never need a car again! Plus, in the same area there are two retirement homes waiting to sign me up. And best of all, there is a funeral home within comfortable "wheelbarrow" distance from the homes. Top all that for convenience.
I have a broken toilet at my house that I'm really happy about. Why,do you suppose, should that be? Well, my plumber, who I think hung the moon is a stock market day trader, and we compare notes every time he comes to the house. I found that out when I saw him reading an old copy of the Wall Street Journal he took from the recycle bin to keep water off the floor. What a man! I think this fellow is a threat to take business from all the brokers. Can your broker fix a leaky faucet? See you later Merrill Lynch!
I have seen it all now! I went to the bank to make a deposit today, and there was a sign at the desk that was written only in Spanish! Soon, the whole country will be speaking Spanish, and English will be out the door. I am working hard to do my part by being able to correctly pronounce everything on the menu of the Mexican restaurant we go to. I have a long way to go. No Habla Espanol Worthadama!
Have you ever thought about how many hard-toiling service workers never hear a word of praise from the public, but on the flip side get hung up to dry over service complaints most often out of their control? I don't mean just a simple thank you , but a heartfelt compliment rewarding a job well done. Yesterday, I had received excellent service from a woman in a typical call center environment. When I asked to speak to her supervisor, I could almost see her cringing at what that usually means. I told her that I was going to tell him that she had delivered service well beyond expected, and could she put him on the line. He ended up telling me that the young woman was being groomed for a management position. I proceeded to tell him that he was smart for hiring people smarter than he was, and we both shared a good laugh. I hope the young lady had a good day! Maybe if we did our part more to reward people, service would be better. Try it soon.
See you later.
Tim