Saturday, January 14, 2006

 
This is a message that appears on a sheet that I had to read with a magnifying glass. It was inserted into a box that contained a small bottle of eyedrops . It reads as follows:
"In patients receiving systematically administered quinolones, serious and occasionally fatal hypersensitivity(anaphylactic) reactions have been reported, some following the first dose. Some reactions were accompanied by cardiovascular collapse, loss of consciousness, angiodema(including laryngeal, pharyngeal, or facial edema),airway obstruction,dyspnea, urticaria, and itching."
Good grief!- I better not accidentally put more than the prescribed one drop in my eye. I can see the scene at the funeral home now. " What did the old boy die of ,Charlie?" " Haven't you heard--- his larynx collapsed while he was having a heart attack, he lost consciousness, and a container of itching powder was found next to the body. They are still looking for the cause of death."
( I would hate to read a warning label on the box that contains Preparation H!)

I think that whoever invented paper plates and plastic eating utensils is probably disappointed by now. The invention of the automobile made a whole class of transportation obsolete including horse and buggy along with buggy whips. The whole idea of not having china and silver should have taken the country by storm. Just think---- no need for dishwashers or even kitchen sinks, nor dish towels, nor polish for the silver. The list goes on and on.

Lucy the Wonder Dog has a microchip just below the skin between her shoulder blades. This amazing technology allows all vets and animal shelters with special scanning equipment to get information on dogs that are turned in as lost. I have heard statistics that twenty percent of lost dogs are reunited with owners as a result.This can mean only one thing---- Eighty percent of owners are reserving the right to "lose" their dogs in the event of a problem. Now I didn't have a choice with the Wonder Dog since she came with the chip already installed, so dropping her off on some farm at midnight where they already have five thousand cats and dogs is not an option. Voila, a solution presented itself the other day! My wife was told that we had to change the information contained on the chip to our address when we adopted the Wonder Dog. She told me it cost twenty bucks or so. If the Wonder Dog does enough bad stuff like eating an entire clothes hamper which she did recently, here's what I can do. I will change the address to my "favorite" ex-boss's house, and then take the Wonder Dog to the farm when the little farmgirl kid is playing in the front yard and Bingo---- problem solved!Watch out--- I know where you live.

Have you ever seen the home improvement shows where a man and a woman are working on some project together like building a shed in the back yard? Give me a break! Of course it's impossible for that to happen in real life, but I bet they have to pay those folks about one million dollars per show to even do it at all. My wife and I would kill each other before the first board was in place even if I did have one iota of skill to do that type of thing. If you are a couple and claim that you could do that together, I would like to personally bring my video camera to your house and film the project. Any takers?

Have you ever listened to Rush Limbaugh? He used to do a homeless update where he poked fun at homeless people and their advocates. I haven't heard a single one of those since Rush had his prescription drug problem. Wonder why?

See you later.

Tim

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?