Friday, February 10, 2006

 

Bill's Place

I actually learned how to transfer pictures from my digital camera to my computer. I didn't even need the elementary school kid from down the street to help me, just my adult "kid", and only a little bit. I thought it would be appropriate to start with a picture of Bill Gates' house in Seattle that I took back during the summer while I was visiting my brother in Seattle. I was hoping to get Bill's attention the day that I took the picture from the vantage point of a tour boat. My plan was to scream something at Bill while he was mowing the yard or fishing off his dock, like "Hey Bill, when are you going to do something about the price of my Microsoft stock!" Bill must have been inside on the day I came by either counting money or trying on a new pair of glasses.
I heard that if you visit Bill's house, he puts some sort of tracking device on you so that he knows where you are at all times. I hope it's not like one of those chips that Lucy the WonderDog has imbedded under the skin. I would be afraid that Bush or Cheney would use it to track me later, that is after they heard me on the phone talking to my mother at the retirement home.
Look at all of those steps that Bill has to walk down to get to his little beach umbrella! When he and Warren Buffett sit down there and have a few beers, I bet it takes a while for Warren to catch his breath. Melinda is back inside fixing lunch of course, while Bill is catching rays and making deals. I think those white objects in the water are probably mines, on loan from Dick Cheney.
I've also heard that Bill is really pretty nice. I think he should put in a little water park with some tire swings and a diving board off that dock we see in the picture. Kids from all over Seattle could camp out back, and have a good time!
I bet that Bill has added on to his house many times given that it's many thousand square feet. I wonder if he has meetings with Larry the Contractor, Jennifer the Designer, Chris the Plumber, Floyd the Concrete Man, Bob the Brick Mason, Buddy the Tree Man, Earl the Floor Man, and Dan the Painter? Maybe he's like me and uses the "Yes Dear" strategy every time he's asked if something looks OK.
Well, I guess I'll just have to go back when Bill is at home to get answers to all my questions. Maybe I'll just send him an email to get time on his schedule. Move over Warren! That's my chair!

"Success is that old ABC--- Ability, Breaks, and Courage."
_ Charles Luckman

See you later.

Tim

Comments:
Jennifer is expected to attend a gather at this home this summer. I'll keep you posted.

Mike
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?