Friday, February 03, 2006
Have you ever heard of the devices that are used in cars that are purchased by people with bad credit ratings? If they don't make their payments on time, the device can be remotely activated, and the car won't start. I have a great idea to expand this concept--- if a car goes beyond the point where the oil needs to be changed, the device disables it until the new oil is put in. Invariably when I drive my wife's car, which is once in a blue moon, I see that the car is at least 1,000 miles past due for the oil change. Her comment is "That's your job!" I guess I'm supposed to know through mental telepathy when to switch cars. I'll let you know when the new "No Oil No Go Gizmo" hits the market.
The dealership where I take our cars for service has a neat waiting room complete with computers for customers to use. Right outside is a coffee break area and restrooms. The amazing thing is that most customers wait in the crowded room downstairs where the old magazines are, leaving the newer room empty most of the time. My idea is to utilize this nice room as my permanent offce area even when my car doesn't need service. I think it will be highly unlikely that I would ever be discovered. If some management person got suspicious, I would always say that Joe Bob the sales person was coming up to show me a new car. They love that! Just call me at 1-800-AUTOOFF if you need my services.
If you ever get a second dog, you're crazy.(that might be true if you get a first dog). We are dog sitting for Samson the Schnauzer for a few days. He and Lucy the WonderDog are engaged in a contest to see who can be the biggest pest. My wife and I could qualify to be Secret Service agents for the President based on how closely we have to watch these two. The folks that run those Doggy Bed and Breakfast places would have these mutts thrown out before you could say Jack Russell. Maybe the gate on our fence could have a slight malfunction. Honey, do both of these dogs have microchips?
I wish Uncle Sam would figure out how to simplify the tax paying process. I'm beginning to think that "1099" stands for the number of those damn things I'll get before the taxes can be done. Someone told me recently that Willie Nelson owed the U.S. government 32 million dollars in taxes before they figured out he hadn't paid in awhile. If I tried that, they would miss one nickel immediately, and throw me in jail. Of course we could all revolt at once, and see what happens. Let me know when you get that organized.
What would happen if we just "got back to basics" in teaching children reading, writing, and arithmetic? Come on parents--- turn off those TV's and video games, and get involved!
See you later.
Tim
The dealership where I take our cars for service has a neat waiting room complete with computers for customers to use. Right outside is a coffee break area and restrooms. The amazing thing is that most customers wait in the crowded room downstairs where the old magazines are, leaving the newer room empty most of the time. My idea is to utilize this nice room as my permanent offce area even when my car doesn't need service. I think it will be highly unlikely that I would ever be discovered. If some management person got suspicious, I would always say that Joe Bob the sales person was coming up to show me a new car. They love that! Just call me at 1-800-AUTOOFF if you need my services.
If you ever get a second dog, you're crazy.(that might be true if you get a first dog). We are dog sitting for Samson the Schnauzer for a few days. He and Lucy the WonderDog are engaged in a contest to see who can be the biggest pest. My wife and I could qualify to be Secret Service agents for the President based on how closely we have to watch these two. The folks that run those Doggy Bed and Breakfast places would have these mutts thrown out before you could say Jack Russell. Maybe the gate on our fence could have a slight malfunction. Honey, do both of these dogs have microchips?
I wish Uncle Sam would figure out how to simplify the tax paying process. I'm beginning to think that "1099" stands for the number of those damn things I'll get before the taxes can be done. Someone told me recently that Willie Nelson owed the U.S. government 32 million dollars in taxes before they figured out he hadn't paid in awhile. If I tried that, they would miss one nickel immediately, and throw me in jail. Of course we could all revolt at once, and see what happens. Let me know when you get that organized.
What would happen if we just "got back to basics" in teaching children reading, writing, and arithmetic? Come on parents--- turn off those TV's and video games, and get involved!
See you later.
Tim