Monday, February 06, 2006

 
Have you ever wondered what cave men and women worried about versus what we worry about today? We get our underwear in a crack about medical insurance coverage, and they worried about whether the T-Rex that they just saw swallow their neighbors whole would have them for a midnight snack! Their concerns about energy problems didn't relate to the price of a gallon of gas, more like whether they could find a way to keep from freezing to death in the cave. I don't think I'll head back to that era in the next time machine trip I take. Now, those Roaring 20's-----Hmmmmm?

I don't know if you watched the Super Bowl halftime show or not, but those of us who did can be thankful that Mick Jagger didn't have a "wardrobe malfunction" like Janet Jackson did last year. I do believe that Mick is in pretty good shape for his age(62) considering all of the jumping around and running back and forth he did. Of course that could have been an "urge to go", and he was looking for the men's room. I must say that it is still easy to see why he "can't get no satisfaction." He's probably one of the few fellows around who get mad when you say" Gee, Mick, you haven't changed a bit in all of these years."I guess I'm just jealous, but he and the Stones just don't sound like they used to. Maybe that's what 35 years does--- to them or me?

I've got a new idea to make big money in stocks about 20 years from now. I'm going to research all of the companies that make hearing aids, and buy the best one. A kid in his car passed me today, and I think he broke the sound barrier. The shock waves from his vibrating car nearly knocked me down. I felt like pulling a Gomer Pyle and doing a citizen's arrest, but he would never have heard me. On top of all that racket, the music is lousy! Oh well--maybe the next generation will invent "whisper rock", and we'll all be saved.What did you say,dear? Take out the what?

I bet the camera men on those Food Network shows weigh 500 pounds apiece. They must be the ones who have to eat all of the stuff so the kitchen can be ready for the next show. Or maybe they have a steady line of homeless folks outside who eat in shifts. Do you wonder what those hosts and hostesses do when it's time to go home at 5:00 and cook dinner? I bet they're ready for a Big Mac or a Whopper by then! Pass the gravy, please.

" Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together"
- Woodrow Wilson

See you later.

Tim

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?