Thursday, February 02, 2006

 
I should have listened many years ago to a friend who told me "Head and Shoulders" shampoo had the same chemicals in it that are in 'Easy Off Oven Cleaner". It must be true ,because sure enough, I have a significant shining spot at the top rear of my head. The only consolation that I have is to use the great comeback of a dear departed friend of mine who, when asked by some young whipper snapper "What is that?", his face would just light up with a smile as he proudly proclaimed, " That's just a solar panel for a human sex machine!"

Posted on our refrigerator is a notice for one of those dog obedience schools. I bet the trainers at that place have one of the most stressful jobs imaginable. If they train your dog to do a few tricks,they are just doing what they were supposed to do, but if not, how many dog owners will admit that their dog is dumb as a post? I can see the headline in the paper now--- "Canine Owner Sues Trainer When Pooch Fails Doggy SAT". I guess my wife will slide me down another notch if the WonderDog learns how to fetch the paper.

All of you homeowners out there raise your hands if you can say there isn't at least one broken something at your house. Well, I don't see a single hand in the air. There are some days when I envy those folks who live in apartments or retirement homes where broken stuff has to be dealt with by someone else, and all the tenant has to do is complain. Maybe we can take on a boarder,a ranch hand type concept, someone you see riding around in a van with a sign that says"Honey Do Maintenance Co." No, dear, I haven't seen your toolbox.

I was just pulling into a parking spot at the grocery store today that was adjacent to the handicapped spaces. I then spotted a sign directly in front of me that read " Privileged Senior Citizen Parking." I think the split second decision I made to qualify myself and take the spot was justified. I am over 55 (Senior), and have had the (Privilege) to shop bestowed on me by my wife who has given up on my tendency to bring home every Brand X product that existed. Oh yeah, you won't believe there was another sign that said "Reserved for Expectant Mothers or Recently Injured". I wonder if the bite on my hand from the WonderDog qualified me for that one?

The course where I walk has the beginning and end at the same point. I have noticed that the people I have happened to meet there and now know by name are folks who walk the course in the opposite direction from me. I know no one who walks in my same direction. Perhaps this little observation can teach us how to better solve problems together.Maybe we learn more from people who think counter to us when we meet them "face to face" in meaningful dialogue versus only considering points of view identical to our own. Worth a try?

See you later.

Tim

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?