Saturday, February 11, 2006

 

Lucy The WonderDog

Since I have written so much about Lucy the WonderDog in the past, I thought I would give her full footage in today's message. It is very obvious from this recent photo that she really is a "wonder" dog. How many different breeds do you see in the girl? It seems that this dog could really be a unique breed, because every time anyone in the family sees a dog on TV, it seems we all say," That dog looks just like Lucy!"

The WonderDog was one of those canine souls destined for demise before some kind person managed to have the dog adoption folks take her on. Since I am trying desperately to become a "Dog Whisperer" (not yet successful), my hope is to quiz the WonderDog on her past, and begin a search for her biological parents. Finding them could be good or bad. I would feel awful if she found out that her dad abused her as a puppy. Then we would have to take her to a doggy psychologist for therapy. I don't think that happened unless you count the time she ate the rocking chair as a manifested symptom.

I don't think we'll have a problem with finding out that she started life with some rich folks, and is now feeling deprived in her current lifestyle. That would be true, because of her contentment with sleeping on every couch and lounge chair we own.( I am the only one at my house banned from sitting in certain chairs!) Another reason that I think she didn't come from high society is her happiness with eating rabbit crap in the back yard. I bet the dogs that win those shows on TV never got a taste of that stuff!

One interesting thing to do might involve an experiment. I could let the WonderDog loose, and follow her to see if she has any kind of "homing instinct" to return to her former environment. That could lead to a beautiful reunion and the subsequent Hollywood film "Dog Roots-The Life Story of Lucy the WonderDog". I could make millions. The more likely scenario would be figuring out how to get her to come out of the local landfill where she is happily nosing into every smelly pile of garbage she can find.

Another thought could be to convince the dog food people to post her picture on their dog biscuit boxes like the milk folks put lost kids on milk cartons. Like I said earlier though, since there are about 4 million dogs who look just like her, I would have to open a call center with a number like 1-800-SEEMUTT to take all the leads.

Well, in the end, I guess the WonderDog is fated to begin life anew without benefit or curse of associating with her former life. Things could be a whole lot worse----- I wonder where there are any soup kitchens for dogs?

"Life begins on the other side of despair."
--- Jean Paul Sartre

See you later

Tim

Comments:
Tim,

If you'd like more exercise and "rabbit crap", bring Lucky here in the country for extended walks. I'll show you some areas to explore.

Mike
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?